Lately I've been trying a few recipes from the inter-net. One of our new faves is this chicken recipe I copied from the Food Network with a few modifications.
STIR FRY CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
2 pcs medium size chicken breasts, cut into bite size
1 bundle fresh asparagus (cut into 1 inch length)
1 cup sliced white mushrooms (Optional. We tried this once and it added more flavor. I highly suggest adding this!)
2 tbsp minced spring onions/shallots
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves minced garlic or garlic powder
1 tbsp minced ginger or ginger powder
1 tsp sugar (Optional. If you like additional taste.)
1/2 cup sherry
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt for seasoning (You can also omit this if you are in a low sodium diet.)
1/2 cup water or chicken broth (If you wish to make it saucier/tastier.)
corn starch (The original recipe calls for this if you want to coat the chicken or prefer the sauce to be thicker. I omitted this and the recipe still turned out nicely.)
1. Mix ginger (if powdered), garlic (if powdered), sugar, sherry, soy sauce, salt and marinate the chicken in the mixture for 20-30 mins. Set aside.
2. Heat pan and put 2 tbsp of oil and stir fry asparagus, then mix mushrooms and spring onions. Remove from pan after 2-3 mins (don't overcook).
3. Use the same pan and add the remaining oil. Sautee ginger and garlic if you prefer the minced/real ones. Stir fry marinated chicken until it's cooked/golden brown.
4. Add water or chicken broth if you prefer for more sauce, simmer. Then add cooked veggies.
5. Season with black pepper. Serve with rice. Enjoy!